This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Melinda Doolittle sang her final goodbye on American Idol last night — a short version of her favorite song, “I’m A Woman.”
I’ve spent 11 weeks watching and writing about the Brentwood singer.
Until this season, I had never even watched an episode of American Idol.
Here are the reasons why we will miss Melinda Doolittle…
1. Melinda Doolittle started out great, but she became even better: her stage presence, her confidence, her sense of style. She showed us that even the best keep working to improve.
2. Melinda Doolittle took criticism like a lady, even when she didn’t agree.
3. Melinda Doolittle wasn’t shy about sharing her Christian faith, yet her mentions of God were in non-confrontational, genuine terms.
4. Melinda Doolittle didn’t change to suit the songs; she changed the songs to suit her, and in doing so, proved her incredible range of talent.
5. Melinda Doolittle maintained her modesty at all times, and not just in her wardrobe choices. It takes a strong character for a 29-year-old to admit she’s never been in love–on national TV.
6. Melinda Doolittle’s consistent excellence shows young people that formal training works. Her degree from Belmont University’s School of Music and continued voice coaching did give her an edge.
7. Melinda Doolittle has a diva voice without the diva attitude. Her humble nature let her laugh at herself.
8. Melinda Doolittle’s sound transcended American Idol. She appeals to teenyboppers AND Tony Bennett. Her first album will be a winner!
I hope I run into Melinda at Fresh Market someday, so I can give her a smile and a big THANKS for being such an inspiration!
—>Here’s how you can contact Melinda Doolittle with a 150 word message of thanks!
—>Want an episode-by-episode guide to Melinda Doolittle’s performances? Check here for the complete background and latest information on Brentwood’s Melinda Doolittle!
I'm a wife, mom of 4, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things for my family to see and do in Brentwood and the Nashville area!