This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Here are some unique theme Christmas trees with a Nashville flavor:
- Fa la la la with a Music City theme tree
- Clip clop through our scenic hills with an equestrian theme tree
- Sight see Nashville with a local landmark theme
Nashville Christmas Tree Theme #1: The Music City Tree…
Okay, so this one’s not very original. You can find Christmas tree ornaments in all kinds of musical motifs, from scrolls of sheet music to guitars.Brenda Lee’s classic, Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree or Michael W. Smith’s new Christmas album while you work.
Here are some music theme tree ideas specific to Nashville:
- Hang your old CDs as Christmas ornaments after converting them to MP3 format.
- Add paper stars throughout, to represent Nashville’s country music stars.
- Don’t forget a pewter ornament from the Country Music Hall of Fame!
- Use a length of sequined or beaded fabric as a tree skirt, a la famed designer Manuel
Brentwood Christmas Tree Theme #2: Horses
From Belle Meade Mansion to Traveller’s Rest to the original Maryland Farms, Nashville has a strong link to thoroughbred horse breeding. Why not celebrate this regional history with an equestrian tree?
- Personalized horseshoe ornaments for each member of the family
- Colorful horse show ribbons
- Red apple ornaments and roses for the winner’s circle
- A tartan tree skirt
- Collectible Breyer horses nestled beneath the tree
Nashville Christmas Tree Theme #3: Local Landmarks
I’ll have to give my five-year-old credit for this idea! He suggested we make a “Batman Building” for the top of our tree, since we see its twin spires from every side of town.
- Display the Spirit of Nashville art postcards from pretty ribbon loops (29 postcards for $12!)
- Hang souvenir mugs or keychains from your favorite Nashville restaurants and attractions.
- Thread ribbon around King Leo peppermint sticks and Goo Goo Clusters for edible ornaments.
- Visit museum gift shops for ornaments from historic sites.
- Use a red-and-white gingham check tree skirt for that local flavor.
Hope these themes have given you some ideas for your Nashville Christmas tree!
For more designer ideas, take our Brentwood Christmas Tree Tour or have a closer look at Inside-Out’s fabulous Christmas tree display.
I'm a wife, mom of 4, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things for my family to see and do in Brentwood and the Nashville area!