A: Nashville is full of fun things to do with kids!
Here’s a short list of places kids love to visit in Nashville, from one mom to another.
I’ve included links, suggestions, and videos to make planning a fun summer vacation even easier!
If you visit Nashville from June to September, make sure your hotel has a pool!
Our summers are hot and humid.
There’s no better way for kids to unwind than splashing around in an outdoor pool.
Staying with family? Hotel pool under construction? Here’s a list of all the fun places to swim in Nashville.
- I would put Nashville Shores at the top of the kid tourist list.
- If you prefer to avoid the crowd, check out public beaches at Percy Priest or Old Hickory lakes on the weekdays.
Plan an entire morning (plus a picnic lunch) at the Nashville Zoo. It’s a fun place to take visitors of all ages!
- My 10 Tips For Visiting the Nashville Zoo
- Nashville’s Coolest Playground at the Zoo
- See A Historic Farm…At The Zoo
Do some kid-friendly shoppertainment at Opry Mills Mall and the Opryland Hotel complex.
- Park free at Opry Mills, and walk to the Opryland Hotel conservatories for a fountain show or boat ride. Hey, it’s air conditioned!
- Find tons of fun things to do at Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World.
- Take in an IMAX movie at Opry Mills Regal Cinema. (In theatres: Speed Racer IMAX)
- Buy a buddy at Build-A-Bear Workshop.
- Eat in kid-friendly restaurants like the Aquarium or Rainforest Cafe.
Here’s a cool video showing the Aquarium Restaurant’s fish tank and sting ray feeding exhibit:
Take the kids downtown for Nashville history…and fun!
- Here’s a complete guide to kids activities on 8th Avenue, from tours of the State Capitol to the Adventure Science Center.
- Free museum alert! The Tennessee State Museum is an air conditioned oasis of local history and cool artifacts.
See why everyone loves visiting the Bicentennial Mall downtown!
I’m a wife, mom, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things to see and do in the Brentwood area! Most recently, I’ve enjoyed blogging about my pregnancy with baby #3.