One of Brentwood’s best assets is its stellar public schools. Both Ravenwood and Brentwood high schools offer highly ranked academics and standout sports.
If your child doesn’t find the right fit in Williamson County public schools, there are many great private schools nearby.
Here’s a quick list of the top private schools in Brentwood TN…
Private Schools In Brentwood TN
- Let’s start with Brentwood Academy (BA).
This longstanding private prep school is located on Granny White Pike.
Long a football powerhouse, Brentwood Academy offers a solid academic program, small classes, and tons of extracurricular activities.
(You’ll recognize Brentwood Academy from its Supreme Court case against TSAA.)
Though BA is Brentwood’s only traditional private high school, there are 2 unique schools located in Brentwood:
- Currey-Ingram Academy is a K-12 college preparatory school on Murray Lane in Brentwood. It caters to students with nontraditional learning styles and individual education plans.
- Montessori Academy on Old Hickory Blvd. uses a mixed-age, independent-learning approach for children age 3 through 8th grade.
If you drive a few minutes past Brentwood, you’ll find many more choices…
Private Schools Located Off Franklin Road
- Oak Hill School is a well-regarded nondenominational school at First Presbyterian Church on Franklin Road. It offers instruction to students pre-K to grade 6.
- Franklin Road Academy (FRA) is a K-12 Christian school at Franklin Road and Harding. It includes students from pre-K to grade 12.
- Father Ryan High School is Nashville’s Catholic school serving students grades 9-12. It is located about 10 minutes from Brentwood in a neighborhood off Franklin Road.
- In the opposite direction, toward Franklin, Battle Ground Academy (BGA) is another large K-12 private school with a long history in Nashville.
Private Schools Located Off Old Hickory Blvd West Toward Bellevue
- Christ Presbyterian Academy (CPA) is a small Christian school with big athletic tradition. (Titans coach Jeff Fisher sent his son there.)
- The Ensworth School is Nashville’s toniest co-ed prep school. Its new high school campus is located about 10 minutes from Brentwood near Old Hickory Blvd. and Highway 100.
- St. Matthew Catholic School is the closest Catholic elementary to Brentwood. It’s nestled near Temple Hills between Sneed and Old Hickory Blvd.
All of the schools mentioned above are the closest private schools to Brentwood, TN.
Nashville proper has many more schools from which to choose…
Nashville Private Schools
- All-girls education: Harpeth Hall or St. Cecelia
- All-boys college prep: Montgomery Bell Academy
- Artsy and intellectual: University School of Nashville
Want more? The Nashville Chamber of Commerce has an outstanding list of private schools with links.
I’m a wife, mom, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things to see and do in the Brentwood area! Most recently, I’ve enjoyed blogging about my pregnancy with baby #3.