My family loves to fly fish, so I occasionally share our Tennessee fishing trips online.
Most of the trout fishing rivers near Brentwood are located in remote areas of Middle Tennessee.
If you’re looking for information on fishing the Harpeth River, Duck River, or Elk River (plus local fly fishing clubs and guidebooks), then you’ve come to the right place!
Brentwood TN Fishing
Brentwood fishermen still mourn the loss of Flychucker, a great little fly shop on Wilson Pike Circle.
Local fly shops are still easy to reach in other parts of Nashville:
Local Fishing Reports
Get local fishing reports from 2 Nashville fly fishing clubs:
- Middle Tennessee Fly Fishing meets the 1st Wednesday of each month and organizes one scheduled outing each month. MTFF once met at the Brentwood library. Now, it’s still convenient to Brentwood at the Ellington Agricultural Center’s TWRA building.
- You may have picked up Trout Unlimited’s free newsletter at outdoor shops like REI. Trout Unlimited meetings take place the 3rd Monday of each month at Le Peep in Belle Meade (across from Game Fair on Hwy. 100).
We never set out without packing our copy of Ian Rutter’s Tennessee Trout Waters.
Written by a Townsend fly fishing guide, it includes directions and maps with access points to every trout river in Tennessee.
It’s easy to find information on the Caney Fork at Center Hill Dam everywhere, but less traveled trout waters are meticulously included in Rutter’s guide.
Our Other Fly Fishing Articles
- Fly Fishing The Harpeth River In Franklin
- Fly Fishing The Duck River At Normandy Dam
- Fly Fishing The Elk River At Tims Ford Dam
- Stocked Trout Near Nashville At Marrowbone Lake
I’m a wife, mom, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things to see and do in the Brentwood area! Most recently, I’ve enjoyed blogging about my pregnancy with baby #3.