Of all the outdoor stores in Nashville, the Brentwood REI is our favorite.
If you’re looking for a Father’s Day gift, REI has all the outdoor equipment, gear and guides you need.
Here’s the scoop…
REI employees also know their stuff. Shopping REI doesn’t exhaust me like a pilgrimage to Bass Pro Outdoor World!
REI can be just as entertaining, though. Check the events calendar or the board just inside the doorway.
REI hosts all kinds of free lectures and clinics. We’ve learned Bike Maintenance 101, listened to local author Patty Schultz discuss Paddling Around Nashville, and watched rescued raptors from Radnor Lake’s wildlife ranger.
Don’t miss REI’s book department. They stock a great selection of hard-to-find regional guidebooks and maps.
If you become a member of REI’s Co-op, you can even rent equipment before buying it! Their rental inventory includes:
- Bikes, racing and mountain, along with bike helmets, pads, clothing
- Kayaks and canoes
- Tents and sleeping bags, folding camping furniture
- Professional hiking gear, including boots, packs, and guides
- Food and cooking equipment for camping
- Specialized jog strollers and pull-behind bike trailers
- North Face and Patagonia clothing
- Watch the calendar for REI’s seasonal clearance sales. All items ending in “.83” are 50% off.
- Check the bulletin board in the rear of the store for secondhand equipment ads.
Brentwood REI is located in the H.G. Hill Center on Franklin Road. Hours are 10 – 9, Monday through Saturday; 10 – 6, Sunday. (615) 376 – 4248.
Check out our Top 10 Fun Things To Do For Dad for more great Father’s Day ideas!