This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
I’ve put together a guide to help you find them all!
Let’s take a virtual driving tour down Franklin Rd., from downtown to Cool Springs.
Get ready for some fun things to do with kids in Brentwood and south Nashville!
Let’s start in downtown Nashville and work our way south to Brentwood.
8th Avenue becomes Franklin Rd.
8th Ave./James Robertson Pkwy.
- The Bicentennial Mall State Park: explore the rivers of Tennessee, picnic under the train trestle and splash in the fountains! (FREE)
- Explore Farmer’s Market calendar for special events.
- Climb the steps to the State Capitol and tour the interior. (FREE)
8th Ave. and Church St. (heading south to Brentwood)
- Detour one block to the Nashville Public Library at 7th Ave. Have your kids seen its excellent storytime or marionette shows? (FREE)
8th Ave. and Demonbreun
- Detour one block to 9th Ave. and the Frist Center for the Arts. Kids Artquest on the top floor is amazing! (FREE for kids)
8th Ave. and Chestnut
- Nashville Sounds baseball games at Greer Stadium.
- Hike a historic Civil War site. Fort Negley sits next to Greer Stadium. (FREE)
- Turn left onto Fort Negley Blvd, and you’ll see the funky skyline of Adventure Science Center, an interactive kids museum.
Wedgwood to Oak Hill: 8th Avenue becomes Franklin Rd. as it heads south to Brentwood.
Franklin Rd. and Woodmont (100 Oaks Mall zone)
Franklin Rd. and S. Curtiswood Lane
- Governor of Tennessee’s official residence. (FREE, but tours closed during renovations.)
Franklin Rd. and Harding (detour south on Harding)
- Turn right on Trousdale for Train Up A Child, a Thomas the Train playroom.
- Continue down Harding and follow signs to the Nashville Zoo on Nolensville Rd. (Don’t miss its awesome Jungle Gym!)
Crieve Hall/Oak Hill neighborhoods of Franklin Rd.
Franklin Rd. and Lambert Dr.
Franklin Rd. and Hogan Rd.
- Visit the kid-friendly TN Agricultural Museum and the Mounted Police stables. FREE
Franklin Rd. and Otter Creek
- Hike around Radnor Lake State Natural Area (no strollers). FREE
Brentwood begins where Franklin Rd. crosses Old Hickory Blvd.
Franklin Rd. and Maryland Way
- Maryland Farms YMCA offers new kids pool in 2008.
Franklin Rd. and Church Street
- Turn right on Wilson Pike Circle for Brentwood Skate Center.
Franklin Rd. and Brentwood Place
- My Gym of Brentwood in the Kroger Shopping Center.
Franklin Rd. and Concord Rd.
- Brentwood Library story hour FREE
- River Park playground FREE
- Brentwood YMCA and Skate Park
- Williamson County Indoor Sports Complex
- Further down Concord are Crockett Park and Owl Creek Park FREE
Franklin Rd. and Moore’s Lane (turn left to Cool Springs)
–> The Cool Springs area deserves its very own Fun Things To Do With Kids page, check it out!
I'm a wife, mom of 4, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things for my family to see and do in Brentwood and the Nashville area!