This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
Have you heard about the new Aldi grocery store in Franklin, TN?
Here’s why we think Aldi is such a neat place to buy groceries and why we’ll be driving from Brentwood to shop there!
Shopping at Aldi is different from shopping at other grocery stores.
Here are some things you should know before visiting Aldi:
- Bring a quarter with you. You insert 1 quarter to rent your shopping cart. But you get the quarter back when you return the cart to its corral.
- Be prepared to bag your own groceries after checkout. You can purchase plastic Aldi bags for 15-cents at checkout. Or do what most people do and grab an empty box while shopping. Besides, weren’t you meaning to go cloth, anyway?
- Take cash or a debit card to pay. (No credit cards are accepted.)
- Be adventurous. Aldi carries very few brands that you will recognize. Most are private labels. Aldi offers a double guarantee on every product. You can return any item for your money back and a replacement. (So far, I’ve only had to do this on the French cut green beans, which were very mushy.)
Must read: 13 Secrets You Don’t Know About Aldi
Here are some products I enjoy buying at Aldi:
- European chocolates and wafer cookies (Hey, it is a German company!)
- Fresh flower bouquets (5 roses and filler for $2.99)
- Seasonal produce at rock bottom prices, and everyday produce at good prices
- Milk, yogurt, and powdered milk
- Baking goods — if you didn’t stock up during holiday sales
- Spiral sliced hams
Read about another grocery chain that’s new to the area: Whole Foods Market in Green Hills!
There’s also a new discount grocery and restaurant supply store in Cool Springs: Gordon Food Service (GFS) Market.
I'm a wife, mom of 4, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things for my family to see and do in Brentwood and the Nashville area!